The Zissmo Platform offers a suite of tools for investors and startups in which they can perform various activities, including information exchange. Zissmo also allows access to the Zissmo Platform to Institutions so that their members can use it.
It does not apply to interactions that you may have with any other individual, entity, investor or another group through the Zissmo Platform. For example, the Organization administrator can reveal or share all information that you send to the Zissmo Platform with other Organization members. Zissmo does not have control over this disclosure or sharing and is not responsible for it.
- Zissmo Platform;
- Email messages, text messages or other electronic messages between you and Zissmo, either on the Zissmo Platform or otherwise; and
- Us, when we are offline or by another way, including all website operated by Zissmo or third-party (including our subsidiaries); or
- Any third-party (including our subsidiaries), even through any application or content (including advertising) that may be linked to or be accessible from or on the Zissmo Platform.
What is the “personal data”?
"Personal data" consists on any information (1) of which exists evidence in any form; (2) which refers or relates to a specific person, and (3) that may be linked to that individual. For example, your name and surname, address, email, telephone number and other contact information, as well as the offers in which you have participated, will be "personal data".
What kind of personal data is compiled?
We compile personal data at different stages of the Zissmo Platform use.
When you visit Zissmo.com
– If you visit www.zissmo.com or if you use an interface that interacts with Zissmo.com, whether you enter the system as a registered user or not, we compile your IP address, the location of your Internet service provider, the type and web browser version that you are using and the website where you came from. We also compile information about your site use, such as the time spent on a page and the number of visited sites.
When you establish an account
When you interact with the Zissmo Platform
– We also compile personal data that you provide when you interact with the Zissmo Platform, for example, when you send a message or upload documents, or when you communicate with us, through email support.
When you use your account
– We compile information that you provide or create when you use your account:
How is “personal data” compiled?
- If you are considered an Investor,your information may be recorded into the Organization’s profile and information, such as your contact information, photograph, biography, experience or other groups to which you belong. While the Organization’s name will be public, the investors’ information will not be disclosed.
- If you are a Startup, and you represent a company that is looking for investors, you can register information about yourself, your company and your company’s management team. Also, you can include a video or image.
We compile personal data directly from you when you use the Zissmo Platform, such as emails or completed forms in the Zissmo Platform.
What will be the purpose of collecting my personal data?
Zissmo uses your personal data to maintain your account and to offer group and reverse flow management and other offered services in the Zissmo Platform. We also use your personal data to answer your requirements and to contact you and provide you with information of your interest.
We may also use your name and contact information to consult on social networks and other sites, such as LinkedIn, for varied purposes, including identity verification and connections with other Zissmo users.
It is also possible that your personal data may be shared with the family of companies of Zissmo or third-parties described below.
Is it possible for third-parties to see my personal data?
- If you are a Startup– If you are a Startup and have published or uploaded information about you and/or your team, this information will be disclosed to your chosen Institutions to receive this disclosed information.
With whom will Zissmo share personal data?
Under certain commercial or legal conditions, there is a possibility that Zissmo may disclose your personal data in the following manner:
- Zissmo Family– Zissmo will now or in the future have a parent, subsidiary or related companies in the Zissmo Family of Companies. Zissmo has the right to share all personal data with all these affiliated companies.
- Service Providers– Zissmo may hire other companies and individuals to perform necessary commercial features in the name of Zissmo (for example, customer service or email provider). If it is necessary to implement these features, it is possible that these companies or individuals may access the personal data of our users. These service providers have accepted to not use the personal data for different purposes than those required to provide the required services.
- Legally required disclosures– Under certain circumstances, the disclosure of your personal data may be required by law. It is possible that Zissmo discloses your personal data (1) if, in its own judgement, it is necessary with the aim of complying with a legal or apparently valid governmental notice, court order or other order, or (2) a governmental institution that has affirmed its legal authority to obtain information, or (3) in relation to the exercise or defense of its rights.
Sharing with third-parties
Third-parties are companies unaffiliated with the Zissmo Platform. We may share your personal information with third-parties if you authorize us, so, they can commercialize their products or services to you.
If you do not want that Zissmo shares your personal data with third-parties after providing your authorization, contact us to email@example.com
Can I access or change my personal data?
If your personal data changes, you can correct, update or modify your information in our information page of members or by sending an email to Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
or, by contacting us by postal mail the contact information below above. If you want to delete/eliminate/deactivate your profile or if you want to remove your testimony from our site, please send us an email to email@example.com
. You will receive an answer to your access request within thirty (30) days.
We will keep your information as long as your account is active to provide you services. We will control and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to solve complaints and to execute our agreements.
For audit and safety purposes, Zissmo has a users’ activity log. That information is stored in Zissmo’s files as necessary to comply with its obligations. Users can have access to personal data that belongs to them. However, due to the administrative and technical burden associated with recovering these archived data is substantial, Zissmo charges a fee for this effort in a way that is consistent with its real cost. Also, the access rights of each and every user may be limited to the extent that access may violate the privacy rights of third-parties. Requirements to obtain access to this archived information are processed on a case-by-case basis after Zissmo has verified the identity of the applicant. Inquiries must be made as set out in the section.
Can I delete my personal data?
You can eliminate any personal data registered in the profile that you create for yourself as investor, startup, mentor, provider or institution.
Social Networks Widgets
You may login to our website using sign-in services, such as LinkedIn or OpenID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and give you the option to share certain personal data with us, such as your name and email to complete our registration form automatically. Services as LinkedIn give you the option to submit information about your activities on this website to your profile page, to share with others in your network.
We present testimonial videos of our satisfied customers on our site, in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we can publish your testimonial video with your name. If you want to update or eliminate your testimony, you can contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Invitation to Members
If you decide to invite a user to our platform, we will ask you for a name and email. We send automatically to your guest one email with the invitation to visit the site. Zissmo keeps information for the sole purpose of sending this email one-time only and following the success of the requested invitations.
What is the aggregated data and how is it used?
Data aggregation is a process of compilation and abbreviation of information, for purposes such as statistical analysis, to obtain information about a particular group based on specific variables. The data used for aggregation purposes is collected in a way that eliminates all identifiers and may be combined with other data for which all identifiers have been removed. Zissmo uses aggregated data to generate precise metrics about the private capital industry in early stages.
Aggregated data is grouped and licensed to third-parties such as governments, economic development agencies, and financial institutions. Examples of aggregated data are:
- Data about the initial capital, such as the number of offers on the monthly or three-month basis in the different generic stages of the funding process (for example, new offers, current offers, inactive offers, and invested offers).
- Data about industries and places related to companies that look for investors and those that are successful obtaining investments.
What is website data and how is it used?
Website data is aggregated data related to incoming global traffic and the use of the Zissmo Platform. Examples include the number of visitors to the Zissmo.com website and the number of registered users of the Zissmo Platform. It is possible that Zissmo obtains and uses website data for internal purposes, to analyze the performance of the Zissmo Platform and applications. For example, we may use these data for traffic analysis and business decision making to determine how we can improve our website or its features.
The statistics generated in this way do not contain any personal data, and it may not be used to collect any information about individual visitors to the site.
Cookies and metadata
Zissmo uses metadata. A metadata consists of a small piece of code that is introduced on a website or email message to track the viewed pages or open messages, the date and time that a person visited our website, the website where the visitor came, the type of browser used, and the domain name and address of the user's Internet service provider. Metadata allows us to better understand how users and visitors use our site or browse our sites so that we can improve access to and browsing through our site, and add or modify pages, according to our users’ patterns. Our users cannot remove or delete metadata, because they are part of the programming of the webpage.
Your browser automatically reports log file information every time you access a website. When you use the Zissmo Platform, our servers automatically record certain information sent by your web browser every time you visit a website. These server logs can include information such as your web request, IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, viewed pages, and other similar information.
When you use the Zissmo Platform, we may use web beacons, which are used to track the Users’ Internet use patterns anonymously. When these are used, they do not collect personal data. We may also use web beacons in the HTML emails that are sent to users to find out which emails have been opened by the recipients.
What are the security measures that exist to protect my personal data?
Zissmo uses physical, technical and administrative procedures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, while we do our best to implement reasonable security measures, we do not guarantee that our security measures will always work.
Zissmo uses industry-standard technological means to protect your personal details while in transit through the Internet. We use encryption and a comprehensive authentication protocol to provide reasonable security. However, you must remember that no Internet security system is perfect. If you have questions about safety on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com
Zissmo has the SSL security certificate provided by DigiCert that provides powerful encryption using 2048 bits and SHA-2.
What about the uploaded files?
Those documents that are uploaded to the Zissmo Platform for sharing purposes, are stored in a third-parties’ data storage service. All uploads and downloads are transmitted over the web between users and the data storage service that uses the same encryption techniques that are used with personal data. However, the uploaded documents are not redundantly stored, nor not endorsed. Therefore, we recommend that Zissmo Users have backup copies of their documents if they are uploaded to the Zissmo.com website.
When will Zissmo contact me?
Zissmo will contact you in response to your service or customer service requirements. We contact you by phone or email, according to your preference.
Other websites links
Zissmo exerts reasonable efforts to protect the safety and confidentiality of your personal data; however, it is not possible to grant that transmissions protected by industry-standard technology and managed by human beings are safe. Zissmo will not be responsible for unauthorized disclosure of personal data that are produced by external causes to Zissmo including, transmission errors, access to your account by any person that uses your ID user and password, the breach of your security obligations and unauthorized acts of Zissmo employees.
You will have the right to cancel your account at any moment.
Zissmo SpA owns and operates the Zissmo.com website and the Zissmo Platform.
Effective date: 1 April 2018